[RePEc-announce] RePEc in January 2009

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Tue Feb 3 13:17:48 EST 2009

The big news this month is that we have now surpassed 700,000
bibliographic items listed in RePEc. The last 100,000 additions took only
7 months, something that seems difficult to beat. The other news is that
the ranking methodology has changed following the discussion on this blog.
Essentially, authors with multiple affiliations are now treated
differently, as they contribute with variable weights to each of their
affiliations, and these weights are used to distribute their scores across
the countries and regions they are ranked in. Also, a NEP report for the
Arab World was created. Finally, we experienced heavy traffic on our
sites, with 766,586 file downloads and 2,756,978 abstract views in January
2009.

With regard to major thresholds reached during the month, we can report:
4,000,000 extracted references
700,000 items listed
500,000 abstract views through Socionet
350,000 online articles
125,000 cited articles
100,000 cited working papers
50,000 subscriptions to the NEP email notification service
3,500 series and journals listed

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063