[RePEc-announce] RePEc in April 2008

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Fri May 2 07:34:17 EDT 2008

As expected RePEc beat traffic records in the past months, with both
EconPapers and IDEAS posting records. Over all services, LogEc recorded
749,918 file downloads and 2,815,159 abstract views.

In other news, the RePEc Input Service was inaugurated a few days ago. We
also experienced some email trouble as our email server was subject to a
denial-of-service (DoS) attack. While the attack is still going on, we
have found efficient was to deal with it. Finally, the following
institutions joined RePEc with new archives: Academy of Economic Studies
(Bucharest), Academia Romana, University of Strathclyde, Indiana
University-Purdue University Indianapolis, Wolters Kluwer Health, Robert
Schumann Centre, Institute of Development Studies (Brighton), Lebanese
Economic Association, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in
the EC (IAAEG).

And now the various thresholds we passed last month, with plenty of
important ones this time:
30,000,000 cumulated downloads
10,000,000 article downloads
700,000 monthly downloads
475,000 online items
175,000 paper abstracts
100,000 papers announced through NEP
16,000 registered authors
2,000 online chapters
1,600 software components

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063