[RePEc-announce] RePEc in March 2008

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Tue Apr 1 16:14:53 EDT 2008

Hello,

March is typically a month where all traffic records are beaten on RePEc.
Well not this month, but we were close: 694,988 file downloads (less than
3,000 short of the record) and 2,675,511 abstract views (record). The fact
that Easter fell in March this year probably has something to do with
this. We can thus look forward to a glorious month of April! But we should
not be too disappointed, as there is now a RePEc application on Facebook.
Look for a big blue letter “R” in the applications menu of your
Facebook account.

An uncharacteristically low number of new RePEc archives opened last
month, four: Princeton University Press, the Department of Economics at
University of Auckland, the Department of University of Malaga, and the
Institute of Local Public Finance, Germany. As for the thresholds passed
during the last month, we have:

6,000,000 cumulated downloads through EconPapers
3,000,000 references extracted
1,250,000 citations found
175,000 online working papers
140,000 items with references
100,000 cited articles
2,000 listed book chapters

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063