[RePEc-announce] RePEc in November 2007

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Sun Dec 2 09:00:26 EST 2007

Hello,

The new feature of the month has to do with rankings: There are now
rankings of institutions and authors by field. Also, there have been
procedural changes in the rankings within region. See the discussion of
these items on the blog at http://blog.repec.org/.

We continue with fast paced additions of material. This year alone, over
100,000 items have been added to the bibliographical database.
Accordingly, the RePEc web services are more popular than ever,
establishing new traffic records: 697,596 file downloads and 2,516,310
abstract views within a month. This leads us to the thresholds we have
passed this month:

2,500,000 abstract views in a single month
550,000 items listed
500,000 downloaded software components
325,000 articles listed
275,000 items with abstracts
225,000 papers listed
125,000 items with references
100,000 papers with references
90,000 articles with citations

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063