[RePEc-announce] RePEc in October 2006

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Tue Nov 7 14:26:45 EST 2006

Hello all,

this message comes a little bit late due to a heavy travel schedule.

The big news this month is that EDIRC, the database of institutions used
in RePEc for affiliations, has now over 10000 entries. It is quite amazing
that there are some many departments, centers, institutes and government
institutions dedicated to Economics. Also, the authors registered with
RePEc have now claimed over 200000 works in their profiles, or about 46%
of all listed works.

Over the past month, we had 502,334 file downloads and 1,916,171 abstract
views. The thresholds we passed during last month are:

330000 online items
210000 abstracts
200000 works claimed in author profiles
190000 online articles
70000 papers announced through NEP
70000 papers with references extracted
15000 articles with references extracted
11000 authors registered
10000 institutions listed
1500 book chapters listed

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063