[RePEc-announce] RePEc in May 2006

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Sun Jun 4 18:09:25 EDT 2006

Hello all,

the big news in May is that we have now over 10000 authors registered with
RePEc. To put this in perspective, the AEA has 18000 members, not all of
them authors. But not all authors are members of the AEA. Over 40% of all
works listed on RePEc have now been claimed by a registered author, and
close to two thirds of the top 1000 authors in the profession are
registered, see http://ideas.repec.org/coupe.html.

In other regular news, we had 516,651 file downloads and 2,245,295
abstract views over the month.

As for the milestones passed during the last month, here they are:

10000000 downloads through IDEAS
375000 items listed
275000 online items listed
180000 papers listed
175000 items claimed by registered authors
100000 cited items
60000 papers with references
11000 NEP reports
10000 authors registered
75000 items with references
70000 items with references
600 participating archives

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063