[RePEc-announce] RePEc in December 2005

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Mon Jan 2 15:31:29 EST 2006

Happy New Year to everyone!

December was seasonally calm, yet a very good month. The year ended on a
sad note, as EconWPA closed down and will not be able to accept any new
submissions. We all thank Robert Parks for an impressive job, and we hope
that a new volunteer will be able to pick up where he had to leave.

With 452,903 file downloads and 1,566,993 abstract views in December, we
concluded a record year, which topped 5 million downloads and 18 million
abstract views. During this year, 256 series and journals were added,
contributing to 24622 new papers, 30340 new articles, 601 new book
chapters, 163 new books, and the number of software components went down
180. 2513 new authors registers, and 1038 new institution listings were
added. NEP added 14 new reports series and issued 2214 reports.

I think these are all impressive numbers, and 2006 looks very promising
again!

Now on to the thresholds reached during the last month:

15000000 downloads since bean counting started
5000000  downloads within a year
175000   abstracts
150000   paper announcements through NEP
150000   items in author profiles
110000   online working papers
110000   working paper abstracts
75000    JEL coded items
10000    NEP reports
1000     book chapters listed
600      books listed
500      online books

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063