[RePEc-announce] RePEc in December 2004

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Tue Jan 4 13:33:51 EST 2005

Hello and Happy New Year!

RePEc had a very successful year 2004. A few numbers:
about 90000 new items (among them 24000 papers and 66000 articles);
about 2350 new registered authors (+62%!);
doubling of items with references;
tripling of cited items;
82 new participating archives;

Also, all services improved there functionalities, among them:
RePEc Author Service all redone and much easier for authors and admins;
redo of EconPapers, with much improved search engines;
new functionalities at IDEAS, like bibliographic records;
new NEP engine, for the moment mostly visible to editors;
new tools for series maintainers, like the online syntax checker;

As for December 2004, we had 330,451 file downloads and 1,378,771 abstract
views. This brings the year total to 3,717,991 and 16,023,686, but more
important brings the totals since we started counting beans to over 10
million and 60 million!

Other thresholds passed over the month:
200000 online items
150000 articles
140000 items with abstracts
60000 items with JEL codes
30000 papers with references
1500 software components
6000 registered authors

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063