[rclis] dblp article data

Thomas Krichel rclis@lists.openlib.org
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:35:06 -0600

  Hi rclis folks,

  I have finished converting a sustantial part of the DBLP dataset,
  see http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/ to AMF. The
  converted part concern the article data, i.e. references that
  go to journal articles. There are about 100k of those, DBLP
  has 350k references over all. The remaining data concern
  conference data. Splitting that data into series is going to
  be quite hard. I will do it, but probably little by little.

  The data lives at

http://netec.ier.hit-u.ac.jp/rclis/dbl.

  I think it is the first substantive implementation of a file archive
  following the Geneva protocol, see

http://rclis.org/internal/geneva.html

  The data is not included in the DoIS user service yet. This will
  take more time, as well as me to contact Micheal Ley,
  the maintainer of DBLP. This is on my "to do" list.

  Jeremiah is still working on converting Julio's data
  (which forms the bulk of what is in DoIS now) to AMF.
  Character set issues are very annoying in this type
  of conversion. In fact this is also what took the
  most time in the DBLP work. Once we have the two
  collections, we will work on implementing central
  series registration. I believe that Imma will conduct
  this work and be assisted by Jose Manuel in a
  technical capacity.

  We will need a volunteer to collect and maintain
  institutional data.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                                   mailto:krichel@openlib.org
                                              http://openlib.org/home/krichel