[rclis] Beijin Protocol

Jose Manuel Barrueco Cruz rclis@lists.openlib.org
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 03:03:31 -0500 (CDT)

	Hi all,

	As you may be aware, the input data for rclis is coming mainly
from two sources: Julio Alonso of the University of Salamanca and
Antonella De Robio and her Italian team. Over three years of work we have
been unable to get on board other data providers like publishers, etc. For
this reason we are planing to involve authors in the process of providing
matadata (and full text where possible) to rclis. The best way to achieve
this new collaboration channel would be to setup an open archive for
rclis using the e-prints software.

	I've written a first draft of the requirements of such a system.
This document is the Beijin protocol, available at:

	http://rclis.openlib.org/internal/beijin/

	This draft is open for comments and suggestions. Since in this
list there are several people with extensive experience working both with
e-prints and OAi, I hope their help will improve considerably the quality
of the protocol.

	Cheers,

Jose Manuel Barrueco				barrueco@openlib.org
http://www.uv.es/~barrueco