[rclis] [Fwd: Re: NewsAgent Classification Scheme]

Antonella De Robbio (Casa) rclis@lists.openlib.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:47:40 +0200

--------------020905070500060709000603

Hi!

I have sent the mail to Andy Powell too.

Cheers,
Antonella

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: NewsAgent Classification Scheme
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:34:41 +0100
From: <emk@aber.ac.uk>
To: Antonella De Robbio <derobbio@tin.it>

I am no longer doing any work on this, so hope Andy Powell will reply. You
are welcome to use the scheme I am sure. I can't remember the perl script,
but hope Andy can help you if you need it.

Mike Keen

In message <3DAA0943.26F406C@tin.it>,
	Antonella De Robbio  writes:
> Dear Mike Keen and Andy Powell,
>
> we are interested in your NewsAgent Classification Scheme for our
> new open archive for LIS.
>
> I have read on NewsAgent site that there is a text version, for use
> in Perl scripts, just giving each Channel followed by its keywords
> and Subject topic followed by its keywords,
> at http://www.aber.ac.uk/~emk/topics
> But at this URL there is the site and not Perl script.
> Could we have Perl script to implement in our E-LIS archive?
>
> E-LIS: Eprint in Library and Information Science is a project to
> build a database about current and past documents in librarianship,
> information science and technology and related application activities.
> DoIS (Documents in Information Science)
> http://dois.mimas.ac.uk/ which currently collects
> metadata for over 12500 documentsis is a service for finding and
> downloading articles and conference proceedings published in
> electronic format in the area of librarianship, information science
> and technology and related application activities.
>
> Eprints for Library and Information Science will be an
> international open access archive for eprints related to
> Librarianship, Information Science and Technology, and related
> application activities, in keeping with the objectives of the
> EPrints movement and the Free Online Scholarship (FOS) movement
> The purpose of E-LIS archive is to make the full text of the LIS
> documents visible, accessible, harvestable, searchable and
> useable by any potential user with access to the Internet.
> Open access to LIS papers and their dissemination can also support
> the building of international LIS networks.
>
> Eprints for LIS has been established as a community service by RCLIS
> (Research in Computing, Library and
> Information Science) and DoIS (Documents in Information Science) to
> promote open access to papers on these fields.
> RCLIS is a project to build a database about current and past documents
> in computing, librarianship, information science and
> technology and related application activities. It is aimed to extend and
> update DoIS, a service for finding and downloading
> articles and conference proceedings published in electronic format in
> the area of librarianship, information science and
> technology and related application activities.
>
> We have thought to use your NewsAgent Classification Scheme, so
> we need your permission to use it and if it is possibile we
> ask you the text file or Perl script for our server.
>
> E-LIS site is running on open source software.
> The archive is based on GNU EPrints archive-creating software.
>
> I am waiting for your reply and thank you in advance for your kindly
> support
>
> Cheers
>
> Antonella De Robbio
> E-LIS Archive's General Editor
> Home:http://www.math.unipd.it/~derobbio/home/schedaeng.htm
> mailto:eprints@dois.it

--------------020905070500060709000603

<head>
</head>
Hi!<br>
I have sent the mail to Andy Powell too. <br>
Cheers,<br>
Antonella<br>