[rclis] DoIS volunteer

Thomas Krichel rclis@lists.openlib.org
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 06:48:12 -0500

  Sandra Rajiva writes

> I was browsing through the Journal of Documentation and got to
> know that DoIS team has asked for volunteers.

  I did not know that we had an ad in there.

> I would liked to be one, could you please tell me whom I should
> contact ?

  You have to contact headquarters, but we have not got any.
  All we have is a mailing list, I will add you to it.

> Let me introduce myself. I am from Bangalore, India and I
> work as a Documentation Officer with the Indian Institute of
> Astrophysics, Bangalore, for the past 22 years. I am a post-graduate
> in English Language and Literature, and have also done my
> library and information science. I manuscript edit and publish
> journals for the above institute.

  Do you have programming skills? That is what
  we need most of the time but not all of the time.

  Right now we are starting a new project rclis, pronounced
  "reckless" standing   for "Research in computing, library
  and information science". We have not got a web site yet,
  we just have the idea to do a project like RePEc,
  see http://repec.org. DoIS will be one of its user services
  and may be renamed DoCIS. Could you edit a web site
  for us? Or even draft a website text, take documutation
  from the RePEc site and "translate" it to rclis?

  Don't worry if you can't we'll find something for you to do :-)

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                                   mailto:krichel@openlib.org
                                              http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                          RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel