[rclis] Re: Contribution to DOIS (fwd)

Thomas Krichel rclis@lists.openlib.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 05:16:58 -0600

  Shamprasad M. Pujar writes

> Some time back, I wrote to one of your team members mentioning my interest
> to be part of your team in contributing articles to DOIS. But I did not
> receive any communication in this regard.

  I may not be the team member, but I have no recollection of such
  a request. In the name of our team, please accept my apologies!

> I once again express my interest to volunteer for DOIS. I would like to
> contribute bibliographic details with abstract of articles from few Indian
> Journals, which have been indexed by LISA. Also few full text articles
> from other Indian and international journals or conference proceedings
> which have not been covered by DOIS.

  This would be really brilliant. You may wish to note that the
  DOIS service is now part of an effort to collect data about
  and provide services for the community called rclis. You
  can read more at http://rclis.org. I have added you to
  our mailing list.

  At the moment we are somewhat  in a technical crossroads,
  where we are working on collecting and using data in the
  Academic Metadata Format, but still have
  our data mainly in the ReDIF format, and the DoIS uses
  only those data. So, if you want to have your data
  in DoIS quickly you need to do them in ReDIF and later
  redo them in AMF, if you have a few months' time, you
  can relax now and wait until an AMF DoIS service is
  done and then contribute the data in AMF. Draft rules
  on how to do that are contained in http://rclis.org/internal/geneva.html

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                                   mailto:krichel@openlib.org
                                              http://openlib.org/home/krichel