[OAI-eprints] June 2013 issue of the SPARC Open Access Newsletter

Peter Suber peters at earlham.edu
Sat Jun 1 19:28:09 UTC 2013

* Announcement (cross-posted) *

I just mailed the June issue of the SPARC Open Access Newsletter. This
issue doesn't have an article so much as a note in lieu of an article.
After 12 years and 168 issues, I'm scaling back. Next month I start a new
job as the Director of the Harvard Office for Scholarly Communication, and
I need to give my new responsibilities the time they deserve.

SPARC and I are thinking about what SOAN 2.0 might look like. We don't know
yet, but we welcome this chance to rethink the whole operation, its format,
frequency, authorship, and purpose. I may continue in some role, for
example, on an editorial board or as an occasional contributor. Stay tuned.

June 2013 issue
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/newsletter/06-01-13.htm

How to subscribe and unsubscribe to the newsletter and discussion forum.
http://www.arl.org/sparc/publications/soan

The current and back issues are all open access, of course.
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/newsletter/archive.htm

     Peter

Peter Suber
Senior Researcher, SPARC
Director, Harvard Open Access Project
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society
Research Professor of Philosophy, Earlham College
Open Access Project Director, Public Knowledge
bit.ly/suber-gplus