[OAI-eprints] EPrints on WindowsXP Installation Problem

Rajan rajankila at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 07:59:51 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I am new to this list and have an EPrint installation problem in Windows XP

I did all the steps for installation of Eprints in Windows XP as instructed at http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Installing_Eprints_3_on_Windows
Everything including epadmin create instructions worked well as expected and  .../EPrints/cfg/apache.conf  was created automatically with two directives

But after I added the directive Include ......../cfg/apache.conf  in  the ....../Apache2/conf/httpd.conf  file, the apache cannot be restarted.
When I remove the line of directive, the Apache can again be started.

I used Apache 2.2.4, Perl 820 and Eprints 3380 / 2963 . I tried a few times and the attempt failed with even newest stable version of all software.
I provided all paths and system variables as directed and created mysql user too correctly.

Can anyone give me some tips to go ahead with Eprint installation?

K Rajasekharan
Kerala Institute of Local Administration
Thrissur - 680581