[OAI-eprints] Installing EPrints

Andrew Brown andrew.brown at c18.net
Fri Feb 1 04:18:20 EST 2008

I'm looking for help to install EPrints on my server at Pair, and
perhaps more regular help thereafter. Is this the right list to make
such a request? Below a note of the problems that need to be resolved
in the first instance.

AB

%./configure --with-user=xxxxx --with-group=xxxxx
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking whether the perl interpreter (/usr/bin/perl ) runs... yes
checking whether the perl interpreter (/usr/bin/perl ) works... yes
checking whether the user xxxxx exists... yes
checking whether the group xxxxx exists... yes
checking what perl function to use for disk free... statfs
checking for unzip... /usr/local/bin/unzip
checking for tar... /usr/bin/tar
checking for gunzip... /usr/bin/gunzip
checking for wget... /usr/local/bin/wget
checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail
checking for latex... /usr/local/bin/latex
checking for dvips... /usr/local/bin/dvips
checking for convert... /usr/local/bin/convert
checking for pdftotext... NOTFOUND
*** 'pdftotext' is needed to index PDF documents
configure: WARNING: Unable to find pdftotext
checking for antiword... NOTFOUND
*** 'antiword' is needed to index Microsoft Word documents
configure: WARNING: Unable to find antiword
checking for elinks... NOTFOUND
*** 'elinks' is needed to index HTML documents
configure: WARNING: Unable to find elinks
checking for Perl module: Apache... no
checking for Perl module: Apache2... no
checking for Perl module: Apache2::Util... no
*** Failed to find mod_perl 2 (PERL Module 'Apache2')