[OAI-eprints] EPrints Indexing Errors

Julian Treadwell julian.treadwell at jcu.edu.au
Sun Jul 23 21:13:14 EDT 2006

Hi all,

We at James Cook University (in Townsville, Australia) have just
installed EPrints as our thesis repository.

All seems generally well, but when I went into MySQL this morning I was
confornted by the following error messages when I tried to enter the
eprints database:

    mysql> use eprints;

    Didn't find any fields in table 'inbox__index'

    Didn't find any fields in table 'inbox__index_grep'

    Didn't find any fields in table 'subject__index_grep_tmp'

    Didn't find any fields in table 'subject__index_tmp'

    Didn't find any fields in table 'subject__ordervalues_en_tmp'

    Database changed

    mysql>

Checking the indexer.log file I found:

    [root at eprints eprints2]# more var/indexer.log

    [Fri Jul 21 18:46:31 2006] *** Starting indexing

    [Fri Jul 21 18:46:45 2006] *** Staring index of archive 'eprints'

    Undefined phrase: "eprint_fieldopt_full_text_status_restricted" (en)

    Undefined phrase: "eprint_fieldopt_full_text_status_restricted" (en)

    Undefined phrase: "eprint_fieldopt_full_text_status_restricted" (en)

    Undefined phrase: "eprint_fieldopt_full_text_status_restricted" (en)

    Undefined phrase: "eprint_fieldopt_full_text_status_restricted" (en)

    Undefined phrase: "eprint_fieldopt_full_text_status_restricted" (en)

    Undefined phrase: "eprint_fieldopt_full_text_status_restricted" (en)

    Undefined phrase: "eprint_fieldopt_full_text_status_restricted" (en)

    Undefined phrase: "eprint_fieldopt_full_text_status_restricted" (en)

    Undefined phrase: "eprint_fieldopt_full_text_status_restricted" (en)

    [root at eprints eprints2]#

An hour later however the MySQL database showed no errors.  Perhaps the
indexer daemon had somehow fixed them.

We seem to have no residual problems from this, but I would be keen to
hear from anyone who can explain what actually happened here.

Regards,

Julian

Julian Treadwell

Systems Administrator