[OAI-eprints] Invisible Hand(s): Quality Assurance in the Age of Author Self-Archiving

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Sat Nov 29 13:32:00 EST 2003

                             Invisible Hand(s)
    Quality Assurance in the Age of Author Self-Archiving

   I am pleased to announce the publication of my  recent contribution
Jekyll.comm: International Journal of Science Communication

[ http://jekyll.sissa.it/jekyll_comm/home_eng.htm ]

titled :

"Invisible Hand(s) Quality Assurance in the Age of Author
Self-Archiving,"
Jekyll.comm: International Journal of Science Communication no. 6
(September 2003)

[ http://jekyll.sissa.it/jekyll_comm/commenti/foc06_01.ppt ]

OR

[http://jekyll.sissa.it/jekyll_comm/commenti/foc06_01.pdf ]

[I am most grateful to Nico Pitrell for his kind invitation to submit
to Jekyll.comm!]

  "Invisible Hand(s)" is one of four articles from the Focus section of

Jekyll.comm devoted to Peer Review that also include contributions
from   Stevan Harnad,  Marco Fabbrichesi, and  Andrea Cerroni

[ http://jekyll.sissa.it/jekyll_comm/focus_eng.htm ]

The articles are extensions/continuations/elaborations of
presentations made at
the Peer Review in the Age of Open Archives held in Trieste, Italy, May
23-24, 2003 at the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA)
(Gerry McKiernan, Stevan Harnad,  Marco Fabbrichesi) or written for the
Jekyll.comm feature (Andrea Cerroni).

"Invisible Hand(s)" explores one of many issues related to Peer
Reviewthat I address in the presentation prepared for the Trieste
Workshop titled

"Alternative Peer Review: Quality Management for 21st Century
Scholarship"
[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gerrymck/APR-1.ppt ]

  I would be Most Grateful for Any and All Comments, Queries,
Critiques, Questions, or
Cosmic Insights,  about My World View as presented in "Invisible
Hand(s)"
and/or "Alternative Peer Review."

Regards,

/Gerry