[OAI-eprints] eprints.org and dspace software for metadata only?

Shirley Sullivan s.sullivan at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jul 31 09:21:16 EDT 2003

Dear Colleagues

We have an eprint.org repository already established for documents, but are
interested to see whether it is possible to use the software for metadata
records only. or Dspace for this purpose. It appears to be essential for
both eprints.org and dspace to actually load "documents" - it won't
work  for records only. Is this the case, or is to "operator error" here,
does anyone know? We would like to create an OAI compliant catalogue
containing metadata records for objects, but not load the objects
themselves. Any advice gratefully received.

regards
Shirley

Shirley Sullivan
Electronic Information Coordinator