[OAI-eprints] Alternative Peer Review Models for Scholarship

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck@iastate.edu
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:28:24 -0500

                  Alternative Peer Review Models for Scholarship

For a forthcoming presentation [and, of course, the  obligatory associated =
Web registry and article {:-)],  I am greatly interested in the key =
articles/report/documents about  Alternative Peer Review for Scholarship, =
as well as examples of exemplar (Web-based) publishing initiatives  that =
have implemented one or more of these alternatives.

 The Alternative Models that come to mind are:=20

Open Peer Review
Formal Peer Review with Subsequent Commentary
Commentary Only (No Prior Formal  Peer Review)
Pre and/or Post Commentary=20
Citation-based Peer Review
Reader-based Peer Review
Computer-Assisted Peer Review
Collaborative Filtering=20
Others?

and, of course

No Peer Review (Yes, No Review to Me can be reviewed  as an Alternative).

   I am *particularly* interested in any current research or implementation=
s that are Computer-Assisted such as=20
  =20
    A SOFTWARE PROGRAM TO AID IN PEER REVIEW
By Alvar Loria (1)  Gladys Faba (2) for the ARTEMISA Selection Committee=20=

(1)Instituto Nacional de Nutrici=F3n Salvador Zubiran, 14000 Mexico City, =
Mexico=20
(2)Centro Nacional de Informacion y Documentacion en Salud, Mexico City, =
Mexico=20

         [ http://www.ama-assn.org/public/peer/arev.htm ]

  As Always Any and All contributions, suggestions, recommendations, =
comments, DNA samples, etc. etc. etc. are Most Welcome.

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Alternative Librarian=20
Iowa State University=20
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck@iastate.edu=20

        "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                                                  Alan Kay =20