[OAI-eprints] Scholar-based Innovations in Publishing. Part I

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck@iastate.edu
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:23:36 -0500

                  Scholar-based Innovations in Publishing. =20
               Part I: Individual and Institutional Initiatives

    I am proud to announce the publication of the first of a three-part =
series on "Scholar-based Innovations in Publishing" in _Library Hi Tech =
News_:=20

Gerry McKiernan (2003) "Scholar-based Innovations in Publishing. Part I: =
Individual and Institutional Initiatives," _Library Hi Tech News_ Vol. 20 =
No. 2 (March), pp. 19-26=20

    Among the initiatives profiled in this first part are:
=20
*Individual*
arXiv.org  http://xxx.arXiv.cornell.edu )
CogPrints (http://cogprints.soton.ac.uk/) [DOWN?]
RePEc (Research Papers in Economics) (http://repec.org/ )=20

*Institutional*

eScholarship Repository (University of California)
   (http://repositories.cdlib.org/escholarship/)

Glasgow ePrints Service (http://eprints.lib.gla.ac.uk/)

Knowledge Bank (Ohio State University)
  ( http://www.lib.ohio-state.edu/Lib_Info/scholarcom/KBproposal.html )

   Part II in the series is devoted to Library and Professional initiatives=
 and=20
scheduled to be published in the next issue of LHTN (20(3). The manuscript =
for Part III was submitted earlier today and is scheduled for publication =
in LHTN 20(5).

   Part I is also now available electronically  for subscribers to LHTN =
via Emerald:

  ( http://www.emeraldinsight.com/vl=3D1/cl=3D3/nw=3D1/rpsv/lhtn.htm )

   Enjoy!

/Gerry=20

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor=20
and=20
Science and Technology Librarian and Bibliographer
Iowa State University=20
Ames IA 50011

            "The Best Way To Predict the Future is to Invent It"
                                                              Alan Kay