[CoDeP] Committee on Deceptive Publishing

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Mon Oct 17 16:15:55 UTC 2016

  Richard Tol writes

> I joined this committee on the understanding that it would look at
> journal quality

  Yes, it does but really just a binary issue: is the journal a
  "predatory" journal or not. "Predatory" is a term I don't like
  so I put a more neutral tone into the blog post. Some of these
  journals are in RePEc and use their listing in RePEc to
  boost their legitimacy. This has implications for the
  perceived quality of RePEc data.

> Deception is important too, but my contribution would be based on
> emotion rather than knowledge,

  Deception is something we can actually proove.

> so if the committee's remit is a focus on fraud and
> misconduct, you are better off without me.

  Sad to see you go, but I will sign you off as you request.

--

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                              skype:thomaskrichel