[CoDeP] Food for thought

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Sat Nov 5 13:55:07 UTC 2016

  BOUNADER Lahcen writes

> it is more important to think about some real actions

  Yes, and real actions can take several forms, that are basically of
  two different type. "additive" for lack of a better word, let alone
  acronym, will mean we issue a note, in a machine readable form, to
  be added ed to RePEc data, that the outlet is deceptive.
  "subtractive" actions means asking a RePEc official to delete
  records from RePEc, so the offending publisher is not part of the
  data anymore. The attentive reader will have noted that the additive
  measure concerns an outlet, while the subtractive, for technical
  reasons, can only be applied to a publisher as a whole, meaning it
  will hit all outlets by this publisher.

  So simply talking about a binary decision, as I did in the
  beginning of this discussion, is oversimplifying.

--

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                              skype:thomaskrichel