[CoDeP] Committee on Deceptive Publishing

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Wed Nov 2 21:51:13 UTC 2016

  Christian Mongeau <christian at mongeau.net> wrote:

> If you want my two cents I propose "Committee On Publishing
> Standards": while somehow generic, its acronym would give us some
> authority ;)

  The problem with a committee on publishing standards is that anyone
  falling below will ask us where the standard is. We don't have a
  standard at this time, and we don't have the womanpower to write
  one, let alone police or enforce one.

  It's a cute acronym, but it does not capture what I believe is
  what we can achieve, which is to catch obvious fraud.
--

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                              skype:thomaskrichel