[cgiapp] $CGI::LIST_CONTEXT_WARN in CGI::App

Justin J justin at dadamailproject.com
Thu Mar 5 13:54:31 EST 2015

Hello everyone,

I've been working on closing the bug/vulnerability/annoyance described here:

	http://blog.gerv.net/2014/10/new-class-of-vulnerability-in-perl-web-applications/

in my CGI::App. For the most part, it's relatively straightforward. I'm having trouble with one module: HTML::FillInForm::Lite, that seems to cause the following warning to be printed in my error log:

	[Thu Mar 5 11:46:12 2015] app.cgi: CGI::param called in list context from package HTML::FillInForm::Lite line 373, this can lead to vulnerabilities. See the warning in "Fetching the value or values of a single named parameter" at [yadda yadda]

There doesn't seemed to be a patched version of this module. Is there a way to set the $CGI::LIST_CONTEXT_WARN from within CGI::App? This does assume that CGI.pm is the query object used. Would this generally be a Good Idea?:

	$app->query()->LIST_CONTEXT_WARN = 0;
	# Do my HTML::FillinForm::Lite Work…
	$app->query()->LIST_CONTEXT_WARN = 1;

--