[cgiapp] Introduction and developer release announcement

Martin McGrath mcgrath.martin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 09:36:41 EST 2015

Hi,

My name is Martin McGrath, I've recently become a co-maintainer of
CGI::Application.

I've prepared a developer release, v4.50_50, the changes since the
current 4.50 are:

* Fixed rt #84403 - Security problem: missing "start" mode dumps ENV
to output page.
* Ensure dump_html() returns valid HTML.

The pull requests corresponding to these changes are:

https://github.com/markstos/CGI--Application/pull/15
https://github.com/markstos/CGI--Application/pull/16

Various Linux distributions have already incorporated these changes in
their repositories.

Please test the developer release and report any problems you
experience. I plan to roll out a new version to CPAN in a couple of
weeks from today, unless there are any show stopping problems reported
in the meantime.

The release can be found at the following URL:

http://search.cpan.org/~marto/CGI-Application-4.50_50/

Issues can be raised either on list, via rt.cpan or as an issue
against the github repository. As part of the next CPAN release I'll
move issue tracking to github unless there are strong arguments
against this.

My thanks to Mark Stosberg, Jesse Erlbaum and Brian Wightman for their support.

Thanks

Martin