[cgiapp] Re lease CGI::Application::Plugin::Header

Ryo Anazawa anazawa at kuc.biglobe.ne.jp
Mon Mar 25 14:55:34 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Thanks for maintaining CGI::Application.

I'll release yet another CGI::Application plugin,
CGI::Application::Plugin::Header, on CPAN soon.
This plugin adds the header() method to your CGI app which helps you handle
CGI.pm-comptible HTTP header properties.
Since header() is compatible with the existing handlers such as header_type,
header_props, header_add,
it will not break your application.

You can use header() as follows:

  package MyApp;
  use parent 'CGI::Application';
  use CGI::Application::Plugin::Header 'header';

  sub do_something {
      my $self = shift;

      my $type = $self->header('-type'); # getter

      # setter
      $self->header(
          -charset => 'utf-8',
          -type => 'text/plain,
      );

      my $header = $self->header; # returns CGI::Header::Props object
  }

FEATURE

- You can pass key-value pairs of header props. to header().
  Unlike header_props(), header() *merges* the pairs into the existing
header props.

- CGI::Header::Props implements push_cookie() and push_p3p() methods. These
methods behave like CGI::Application#header_add.

- Normalizes property names automatically ("-Content_Type" -> "-type"), and
so you can specify them consistently.

CAP::Header is still in development. You can download the latest code in the
following repository:

  https://github.com/anazawa/p5-CGI-Header-Props

I'm waiting for your suggestions. Patches are welcome :)

Thanks,
Ryo