[cgiapp] draft version of "PSGI::Application" published (not the final name)

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Mon Nov 5 20:48:36 EST 2012

Hi Mark

On 06/11/12 12:21, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> COMPATIBILITY WITH CGI::Application
> Official API Changes
>
> * Removed dump() and dump_html

Of course.

> * run_as_psgi() is now just run()

Excellent.

> * The cgiapp_ prefix is dropped from method names

Excellent.

> * "<query()">  is now "<req()">  and "new(QUERY=>...)" is now
>     "new(REQUEST=>...)"

I'd go with request(). I see no need to introduce an abbreviation.

> * Hash keys for new() must now be upper-case now.

Ridiculous. Lower case hash keys are the norm throughout Perl.

Upper case is SHOUTING.

> * The delete() method has been removed.

Excellent.

> * The default request object has changed from CGI.pm to CGI::PSGI

Excellent.

> * The default 'start_mode' behavior has changed.

This corresponds to Apache's "It works!", so excellent.

> * forward() and redirect() are now in the core.

Excellent.

> * load_tmpl() and html_tmpl_class() have been removed

Of course.

http://savage.net.au/
Ph: 0421 920 622