[cgiapp] CGI::Application status update from the maintainer

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Mon Sep 10 18:11:45 EDT 2012

Hi Brett

On 11/09/12 00:05, B. Estrade wrote:

> I think what I was thinking of for a "more developed" plugin system is
> to provide a way to better manage when plugins are fired wrt hooks.
>
> For example, have an "after" or "before" type of modifier when
> registering a callback would be nice.  Even better would be a way to
> easily manage the handler queue associated with each hook.  It's not
> entirely clear to me how to ensure that handlerA will fire before
> handlerB; I also know from reading the documentation that a class
> level handler will fire before instance level handlers.  This might be
> by design or just a consequence of the implementation; however being
> able to control the handler execution order would be useful I believe.

I don't mind if you choose to continue with CGI::Application rather than
switch to CGI::Snapp, but you should be aware that in the latter's
documentation, I went to great lengths to spell out this matter.
See/Read for yourself my explanation:

https://metacpan.org/module/CGI::Snapp#The-Flow-of-Control

HTH.

http://savage.net.au/