[cgiapp] Help requested with CGI::App::Dispatch bugs

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Sep 3 00:05:13 EDT 2012

On 08/31/2012 03:46 AM, Michael Lackhoff wrote:
> On 31.08.2012 04:21 Mark Stosberg wrote:
>
>> You can find the bug queue for it here:
>>
>>      https://rt.cpan.org/Dist/Display.html?Name=CGI-Application-Dispatch
>
> some months ago I wrote a message to this list with the problem of bug
> #78552
> Subject: Problems with exception handling in CAP::Dispatch
> Date: 2012-05-15

Thanks, Michael.

This and all other significant outstanding issues filed for
CGI::Application::Dispatch and CGI::Application::Dispatch::PSGI should
now be addressed in v3.10, which I just pushed to CPAN. Below are the
changes.

    Mark

3.10 September 2nd, 2012
     [NEW FEATURES]
     - CGI::Application::Dispatch::PSGI now allows exceptions thrown as
HTTP::Exception objects
       to bubble up in some cases. See the new documentation section on
"Exception Handling"
       for details. (Mark Stosberg, Graham TerMarsch, RT#79022)

     [BUG FIXES]
     - When auto_rest was enabled and no run mode was found, a 404 could
have been returned
       instead of defaulting to start mode. We now correctly default to
the start_mode().
       (James Q.L., Ron Savage, Mark Stosberg)

     [DOCUMENTATION]
     - Docs have been expanded to explain how /foo/:rm? resolves, and
interaction
       with start_mode() when no run mode is found. (Mark Stosberg)

     [INTERNALS]
     - Fix diagnostic message in some cases when exceptions are thrown
(Michael Lackhoff)
     - Added test coverage for auto_rest to
CGI::Application::Dispatch::PSGI (Mark Stosberg)
     - POD formatting fix in Dispatch.pm
     - Fix Perl 5.14 compatibility warning (chorny, RENEEB at cpan.org,
SILASMONK at cpan.org)