[cgiapp] CGI::Application status update from the maintainer

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Wed Aug 29 11:50:34 EDT 2012

On 08/28/2012 11:27 PM, Mark Stosberg wrote:

> I look forward to being conversation with you all more about this. I'll
> set a goal to release the first code-as-draft for my proposal within a
> week, and look forward to your feedback to sculpt it into a releasable
> form.

I agree with just about everything you've mentioned here Mark. I've been
thinking myself that C::A needed to be "reinvented" as something more
modern but that still had the same flavor.

My only advice is that since you'll really only have this one time to
make a break like this from the past, don't feel bad about breaking
backward compatibility. From your email it doesn't seem like you do,
just wanted to make sure that you knew we'd support something like that.

And like Gabor said, avoid the word "CGI" :) I know we've been down the
naming rabbit hole before and it makes all the bikeshedders come out, a
good unique, google-able name would be nice. And naming writes go to the
man who does the work, so enjoy :)

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP