[cgiapp] Announce: CGI::Snapp::Dispatch V 1.00 etc, with PSGI support

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Thu Apr 12 19:30:09 EDT 2012

Hi Brett

On 13/04/12 01:34, B. Estrade wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 01:29:37PM +1000, Ron Savage wrote:
>
> Congratulations and nice work. I am sorry to be dense, but as long as
> I've been following Snapp and as many of the docs that I seem to have
> read, I am still trying to figure out exactly what Snapp gives us over
> CAP.
>
> I ask because I am at the start of a major project that is making
> critical use of CAP and CAP::Dispatch.  If I am going to switch, now's
> the time, but I need to justify it to myself.

A perfectly reasonable request.

As I've hinted, with great restraint, in:

https://metacpan.org/module/CGI::Snapp#Why-did-you-fork-CGI::Application-

I been struggling with Mark Stosberg for years about timely releases of
patches (mostly to CGI::Session). I have written a great deal of code
and docs, some of which he withheld from release for more than a year.

I eventually decided for re-write this code so as to free myself from
that constraint. In other words, I wished to guarantee current and
future support - by doing it myself - for my current and future projects.

That does not mean I have to use CGI::Snapp for everything. In fact, I'm
very tempted to start learning Mojo, but I wanted a safe and reliable
alternative to be in place before I adopted something new, since the
latter course would necessarily involve a learning curve.

The other factor you - and everyone - should take into account is that
CGI::App etc appear to be longer supported, in that bug fixing has stopped.

CGI::Snapp etc bugs (if any!) will be of great concern to me and will be
fixed ASAP.

For such software technology, it's actually nice to have a choice.

Choose wisely!

http://savage.net.au/
Ph: 0421 920 622