[cgiapp] Closing the wiki

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Mon Jan 9 23:08:21 EST 2012

Hi Nic,

On 12/8/2011 11:31 AM, Nic Zero  wrote:
> I propose we close the wiki to uncontrolled edits for the time-being.

Do you propose to allow no edits?  Who should be allowed to edit?  How
long is "the time being"?

> As far as I can see, there's no simple <revert>  button,

No, it takes 3 clicks instead:

1. press the left-arrow button to view the pre-spammed version
2. press the edit button to see edit the pre-spammed revision
3. press the save button to restore the pre-spammed version

But c'mon.  It's not really all that difficult is it?  It *can* be done
with one hand, without lifting it off the mouse (even while eating a
sandwich with the other).  I con do it on my iphone during a 5 story
elevator ride :-)

 > so removing graffiti is time consuming.  (I'd rather be coding.)

If it's consuming too much of your time, um, don't do it.  Don't worry
-- someone else here will press the buttons.  Feel free to code instead!

-dave