[cgiapp] Closing the wiki

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed Jan 4 10:17:48 EST 2012

> ...that makes a lot of sense, so maybe we should get the new wiki
> set up, with an initial draft of topology, layout, etc, and then migrate
> the content across.  It doesn't sound like this would take long if we
> split up the tasks between a few of us and we have windows in
> diaries.
>
> Mark & co: How do you want to handle this project?  Would the
> existing location host the new wiki?  Would you give the Migration
> Team(TM) admin access on the box, or would you handle the
> deployment of wiki + migrated content?  Or?

Thanks to you all for working on this. I agree it's time to move forward.

cgi-app.org is currently hosted by Jesse Erlbaum, the original author of
CGI::Application. It is a full virtual server with root access
available. My preference would be to give one or more people admin
access to the box, and let them install the new wiki software in
parallel, work on the migration, and finally make a cut over. As a next
step, I need a specific request for ideally one person to have root
access for the project to work on the sysadmin parts. Once the new wiki
is installed, then wiki-accounts can probably be used for most of the
rest of work.

Thanks to you all for taking this on. Sorry for my late reply. You can
always prod me directly at mark at summersault.com if I have missed making
a timely reply on the list.