[cgiapp] Closing the wiki

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Thu Dec 8 16:29:29 EST 2011

* Nic Zero  [08/12/2011 20:50] :

> I propose we close the wiki to uncontrolled edits for the time-being.  As far
> as I can see, there's no simple <revert> button, so removing graffiti is time
> consuming.  (I'd rather be coding.)

I have to admit this sounds like the smartest thing to do.

> Emmanuel, what did you make of Ikiwiki?  (I looked at it myself, liked it,
> and am slowly [busy with other projects] making use of it locally.)

I like it but I got sidetracked by my girlfriend moving in with me. As it is,
the migration project is on the computer I was using at her house which is
collecting dust in my basement right now.

I did generate a list of wiki-pages by crawling the website (in hindsight, I
should probably have asked the admins to email me a list, sorry guys) and found
it was very easy to convert from Kwiki's syntax to markdown (so migration
should be lossless).

I did note that a lot of content looks like it could be improved. So a
migration would only be the first step in improving the website.

Emmanuel