[cgiapp] Web Socket Support

Matthias Ferdinand mf+cgiapp at mfedv.net
Fri Dec 2 08:09:26 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 10:17:09AM +0000, Mike Tonks wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've been getting quite interested in web sockets recently and trying
> out a few examples.
>
> http://showmetheco.de/articles/2010/11/timtow-to-build-a-websocket-server-in-perl.html
>
> Anyone given thought to this in CGI:App ?

AFAIK, handling sockets or other aspects of TCP/IP is not in the scope
of CGI:App, it just helps structuring the application code to work
within a CGI-like environment. Actual handling of the network is left to
someone else, like Apache, nginx, HTTP::Server, ...

As a plus, this means CGI:App doesn't get in your way when you want to
use any of the examples mentioned in the article.

CGI:App could then be used for the backend code handling the request
content.

Regards
Matthias