[cgiapp] CGI::Session

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Thu Jul 7 20:46:45 EDT 2011

Hi Resa

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 10:37 +0200, Rhesa Rozendaal wrote:
> On 07/07/2011 04:01 AM, Ron Savage wrote:
> > Hi Josh
> >
> > On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 21:23 -0400, Joshua Miller wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> This is kinda picking at a sore spot for me, and I haven't seen any good
> >> place to bring it up in the past.
> >
> > I used to use 0 for all module versions, but that caused problems, so I
> > adopted the policy of using what I had installed.
> >
> > I don't think there's a perfect answer, since the definitive solution
> > (which is unrealistic) is to install many versions of many modules in
> > order to test all cross-combinations.
>
> I'd let the CPAN Testers infrastructure take care of that.
> http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/D/Data-Session.html includes Pass
> results all the way back to 5.8.5 across a dozen operating systems. Any
> failures due to prereqs being too old would show up soon enough.

This gives me another idea. Even though Perl 5.8.5 is ancient, that
tester had Data::Dumper V 2.131 (the latest) installed.

So, that suggests the plan would be to analyze all the pass results, and
extract the minimum version used for each requirement.

Has anyone done that?

http://savage.net.au/
Ph: 0421 920 622