[cgiapp] Forms - Brannigan and CGI::Untaint

Robert Mills rjlmills at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 08:40:53 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,
I remember reading about Brannigan on these lists a while back so thought I
would give it try.
Seems simple enough, and fast too. I was using CGI::Formbuilder before but
it seems overkill.

My query is about untainting input. Use case is for a simple web app I am
developing with the classic admin style add/edit subs for each applicable
module. User input is validated and then added to a db.
CGI::Untaint looks good but then I get confused as there will be overlap
between the modules with regards to validation.

How do you normally handle this. Do I really need to untaint if all input is
checked anyway?