[cgiapp] How to lazy-load runmodes

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:28:27 EDT 2011

On 24/05/2011 19:08, Joshua Miller wrote:

> Completely agree and second this. If you have a choice of FastCGI or
> CGI, just go FastCGI. If you're concerned about the differences in
> memory usage and such, you're free to benchmark them, but I can
> assure you that, under any load at all, FastCGI can serve more pages
> using less memory and cpu time.

I just deployed the same app under CGI::Application::PSGI/nginx/Starman and I'm getting a weird error which is very difficult to debug. The app will run fine returning a results page from a database lookup but if hit the Back button and resubmit it will continue successfully for between 5 and 10 repetitions then fail on one of the app's error handlers for a for field having too many characters. So nginx has proxied successfully and Starman returns 200 but it's failing unpredictably.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I used a proxy_pass nginx setting rather than a fastcgi_pass setting.

gvim