[cgiapp] [OT] Shopping carts and shipping costs

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Sun Mar 13 07:51:22 EDT 2011

On 03/11/2011 08:43 PM, Ron Savage wrote:

> The problem is they started by specifying a shipping cost per item, but
> of course various items can be jammed into a single package.

I think in general places calculate shipping cost by weight. These days,
with single cost shipping for certain package sizes this will probably
end up being an estimate rather than an exact cost. I'd probably
estimate on the high side too since no one likes to lose money on sales
and it does take time and effort to do the shipping.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP