[cgiapp] Debugging Performance with CGI::Application Using Firebug and Time::HiRes

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Fri Dec 31 16:15:31 EST 2010

Hi Jerry

On Fri, 2010-12-31 at 10:32 -0800, Jerry Kaidor wrote:
> I have also noticed that CGI::Application is slow.  When I recoded my
> business software ( which was originally a set of Perl/CGI/mysql scripts,
> each one with a big messy dispatch table ) my page load times went up from
> under a second to about 2 seconds.
>
>  It's still tolerable, and I figured it was just the price of civilized
> programming.

Plack eliminates the start-up time of each invocation, as does any other
persistent environment (Fast CGI, mod_perl, ...):

http://savage.net.au/Perl/html/plack.for.beginners.html

Then you can time what your code is doing, as distinct from what Perl is
doing to get your code up and running.

http://savage.net.au/
Ph: 0421 920 622