[cgiapp] Announce: Data::Session - A re-write of CGI::Session

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Sun Dec 5 19:33:53 EST 2010

Hi

On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 21:21 +0000, Larig Tech wrote:
> Thanks, that makes sense now.  So at this moment it's pretty
> much the same as what we get from a visit to github, but you're
> planning to do frequent releases for bug-fixes and feature
> enhancements going forward.

He, he, he. Let's hope there is no need for /frequent/ releases.

Although, given all the testing you (all) are going to do for me,
especially on Solaris (since that's the problematic platform reported by
CPAN testers), we'll see.

Data-Session-1.01:
- i686-linux-thread-multi / 5.13.6:
  - FAIL
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/8f514d56-fd56-11df-b2ac-99fe9f5efe2f

This first one may just be not sleeping for long enough to let the data
expire.

- i86pc-solaris-64int / 5.10.1:
  - FAIL
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/e691e676-fd8c-11df-bdb6-ffb84e7aadc9

- i86pc-solaris-64int / 5.8.9:
  - FAIL
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/17ddef26-fd9d-11df-8fd8-94704e7aadc9

I need someone to explain why Solaris' /tmp is a problem. I emailed the
CPAN tested a few days ago, but haven't heard back.

> On 5 December 2010 19:33, Ron Savage <ron at savage.net.au> wrote:
>
> > Data::Session is not designed to provide bells and whistles unavailable
> > with CGI::Session. It's designed with 2 things in mind:
> >
> > o To provide an almost identical interface, to minimise transition costs
> >
> > o To be supported
http://savage.net.au/
Ph: 0421 920 622