[cgiapp] Custom template tags

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Wed Oct 13 19:07:52 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 18:21 -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010, Ron Savage wrote:
>
> > There's no point - Mark Stosberg refuses to release any more versions of
> > CGI::Session.
> >

> Oh?  Why is that?

I've been thinking about this since even before the last public release,
in August 2009. I've made many patches to the code since then.

But answering in any meaningful way involves psycho-analysis of present
behaviour, tracing that back to childhood trauma and corruption of
trust, supporting these claims, recommendation of recovery
mechanisms, ... And I refuse to be an intercontinental psycho-analyst.

It's vital for all of us to keep in mind that victims of childhood
trauma (whoever they may be) are to be pitied and supported, not
criticised (assuming I'm on the right track with my interpretation, of
course).

Many programmers are in the same situation :-((.

One of the classic symptoms is being a control-freak, as an attempt to
control emotions which, at the time of the trauma, were felt to be
life-threatening, and hence had to be ruthlessly controlled.

And in the Freudian unconscious there is no time (in the normal sense of
the word), so things can remain like that for decades, without the
relief of psycho-analysis.

I.e. It doesn't involve me (except there's a bond in having both worked
on the code, and so he identifies me as some sort of father figure), but
pretending it does is a way of remaining in Denial of the real
problem(s).

Are you beginning to see the difficulties of dealing with this problem?

http://savage.net.au/
Ph: 0421 920 622