[cgiapp] Custom template tags

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Wed Oct 13 18:41:03 EDT 2010

Hi John

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 17:43 -0400, John Saylor wrote:
> hola
>
> On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 13:16 +0100, Lyle wrote:
> > Sounds like that would make a good patch then :) Any takers?

He, he, he.

The problems with forking /the module/ are:

o Effort. Is it worth it? For users not in a position to switch to
Plack, obviously yes, but for others (hint: coders like me), maybe not.
I do have a lot of time available, but do I wish to patch (perhaps
meaning maintain) all add-ons? It's possible, just how mad would I have
to be?

o Namespaces. I could easily call it Generic::Session or anything, but
the code uses namespaced-add-ons to load id generators, DB interfaces,
whatever. It would require a hell of a lot of patching :-)). Yes, it's a
once-off, but still...

o Perhaps a new start could be made, not Plack-dependent, but brand-new
code for running under generic CGI situations.

There's much to think about, and I've been thinking about it for more
that a year, i.e. since the last /official/ release to CPAN in August,
2009.

http://savage.net.au/
Ph: 0421 920 622