[cgiapp] Custom template tags

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Tue Oct 12 12:25:20 EDT 2010

On 10/12/2010 09:41 AM, Michael De Soto wrote:

> So: Has anybody done this with or without MT being in the mix? Does anybody
> have a link to that tutorial? Anybody have any advice on how to achieve
> this?

We don't use MT (we're using Krang), but we do use a double pass
templating system that uses HTML::Template on both sides. We do this by
having the first pass at publishing (the static part) work with <tmpl_*>
tags. The 2nd pass then has <dyn_*> tags, so we have something that
immediately converts the <dyn_*> tags into <tmpl_*> tags during the
publish process immediate after template substitution. I don't know if
MT would allow you to hook into the publish process post-templating but
that's what we do with Krang.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP