[cgiapp] Data validation of file uploads

Nicholas Bamber nicholas at periapt.co.uk
Sun Sep 19 18:07:36 EDT 2010

There are two Data::FormValidator related modules that handle file
uploads. They both take the approach of saying, "Well
the CGI module param method (or equivalent) gives us a file handle. So
whatever we do with the file handle or the underlying file, there must
still be a file handle at the end."

I cannot see the sense of this approach. It seems much cleaner to me
take a two phase approach:
1. Convert the upload file handle (and meta data) into straight data
2. Validate that data.

That's the approach I am taking at the moment. Any thoughts?