[cgiapp] Progress Bar

Jerry Kaidor jerry at tr2.com
Mon Sep 6 09:23:05 EDT 2010

Hello,

   My application has a run mode that is fairly time-consuming.  It is
creating a 16-page PDF.  The older version ( pre-cgiapp ) just
displayed a dot on the screen as it created each page.  While not
pretty, it gave the user a warm fuzzy feeling that things were
progressing.

   Under CGI::Application, I can no longer print the dots.  How can I get
back the warm fuzzy feeling?  Maybe a javascript to have the browser
display a progress bar?  Or tell the browser how long the download will
be, so it can display its own?

                     - Jerry Kaidor