[cgiapp] use persisten instance of cgiapp with cgi::fast?

Dietrich Streifert dietrich.streifert at visionet.de
Mon Jul 19 11:10:26 EDT 2010

Am 19.07.2010 16:31, schrieb P Kishor:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Dietrich Streifert
> <dietrich.streifert at visionet.de>  wrote:
>>   Hello All,
>>
>> I'm currently using speedy_cgi as a persistent perl process and wanted
>> to test if fcgi would be an option for me.
>>
> I am curious as to why you want to shift from SpeedyCGI to FastCGI if
> the former is already giving you a persistent perl process and the
> consequent speed advantages.
>
> There are so many persistent perl methods out there now that I would
> love to see an exhaustive comparison of them.

The main reason is that speedy_cgi is rock solid, but the last official
release of speedy_cgi is version 2.22 dated Oct 2003. During my last
main install of speedy_cgi on opensuse 11 x64 I already had to collect a
few patches here and there to compile speedy_cgi on that platform along
with/for perl 5.10 (
http://packages.gentoo.org/package/dev-perl/SpeedyCGI?arches=all ).
Having a second persistent technology right to my hands gives me a
migration path in case that I'm not able to compile speedy_cgi for the
the next perl release or os realease.

The other way I'm fully satisfied with speedy_cgi.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dietrich Streifert