[cgiapp] Unobtrusive Javascript form validation

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 04:35:53 EDT 2010

On 08/07/2010 01:50, Ron Savage wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I don't remember this code being discussed on this list before.
>
>> From http://blog.jc21.com/ you can download a JS library for YUI or
> Prototype which allows amazingly simple JS-level validation of form
> fields.
>
> A five star rating from me.

Looks good. However the field error message is visible when the mouse
cursor hovers over the textbox, as they have used title="foo" in their
html. So it's a little confusing when you put a valid url in the box and
the popup message says 'Website is not valid'. But I like the easy
customisation of messages, and the output is a little more refined than
the output from my implementation of JavaScript::DataFormValidator. I
wonder how easy it would be to port it to jQuery?
--
Richard Jones