[cgiapp] Authentication cant find my driver

Jerry Kaidor jerry at tr2.com
Fri Jun 18 20:30:35 EDT 2010

> Hi Jerry
>>
> Correct. The '_' is missing from MULTI_DBI.

*** Yes, I was back and forth on that underscore.  I just put it back in,
because it didn't make any difference.

>>    So apparently there IS some sort of Perl system-wide list
> I don't think that's the problem...

*** I don't think so, either.
  I tried the following experiment:

1.  Saved MULTI_DBI.pm somewhere else.
2.  Copied DBI.pm to MULTI_DBI.pm

   Then it worked!  Well, didn't really work, because DBI.pm doesn't
have to code to do what I wanted.  But it got past the "can't find the
driver" error.

   I think that there is a subtlety in this line of MULTI_DBI.pm:

--- snip ----
use base qw(CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::DBI);
--- endsnip ----

   Either it is not finding the DBI driver, or the DBI driver is unable
to find something that IT needs.  I've seen similar before in other
systems:  file A needs library B, it can't find it, and the system
complains that it can't find file A, even though it's right in front of
your face.

   I had to leave it for now and get some real work done for my business.

                        - Jerry Kaidor